DEAR DIARY



     It's been a while.

     I'm writing this because the last 24 hours have been crazy, and there are probably a billion things to catch up on (a billion that I'll forget to mention). Yesterday my boyfriend surprise-returned home from college two days early. It was like a scene out of a movie. Like did my boyfriend really surprise me and just show up at my door entirely unannounced?? I know that probably doesn't sound like much, but he lives three hours away. It was a very picturesque moment. My mom totally knew all about it and was in on the scheming. She was making me help her hang up the Christmas stockings in our front living room, so I had a pretty good view of what was going on outside. I saw a Ford Escape pull up outside of our house and I made a sassy remark to my mom about how there are too many people in our neighborhood with the same car as my distant boyfriend... but then I saw him walk up the pathway to my house, and ooooohhh my goodness. I am tearing up just thinking about it. That was a really nice moment.
     So yeah, I had a whole list of things I wanted to do to prepare for his previously scheduled arrival on Tuesday (paint my nails, clean my room, etc.,) but that's a nope. I'm honestly surprised with how well I'm handling this. I really like having things planned out and I always schedule everything, but I'm still just in a state of total bliss. Ahhhh!


     But what else?
     Fall semester is over now, oh, and guess what? I totally aced both of my finals. Like I actually got 100%. WTF. I'm still questioning how that happened(??). But yeah, now I have a whole month of winter siesta.., though it really doesn't feel like it. It's been raining for the last 48 hours, which is pretty odd for mid-December in Minnesota. No snow works for me though. I don't have enough cold weather clothes. My closet is built for spring/fall.
     TBH, I just need Christmas to be over. I was going to make my boyfriend something really cool for Christmas, but it's turning out to be the hardest/most-expensive project ever. Now I'm not sure what else to get him.. Help.

      What else.. what else?
       I freaked out about apartments for like two weeks straight. It was kind of all I talked about to the few people that I actually talk to. I went to a few apartment showings, but I haven't signed a lease yet. I think I found a really great place for next year, but the leases aren't on a typical year-long contract like most college rentals. It runs on a month-to-month lease, so I can't sign until way closer to when I'd actually move in... which is probably 1000x better than me rushing into a lease for a shitty apartment right now and then being stuck there for a year. I'm still torn as to whether I should move out next year or not. I feel as though I don't have the sense of responsibility like most people my age do, so getting an apartment would force me to more of an adult.. but also, is it really worth the money? Like I plan on being in school for quite awhile... Ugh, who knows. I'll probably move out. Lol, I've already started buying stuff for my future apartment. I rarely ever buy myself things that aren't necessities, but Cyber Monday felt like a good time to spend the big bucks. I bought a lot of boring apartment things, but I am so excited about all of them. Like a shower curtain?? And towels?? I feel like a real adult now that I've bought my own towels.

    Anyways, I know I haven't written in quite some time, but I didn't want to force myself to post mediocre stuff just for the sake of posting something. I always get foggy in the winter, so I'll probably only post stuff if cute winter memories are made. In the mean time, I'm gonna keep working on my more prosperous internet projects. I hope your winter is magical!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© elainalosersmith 2015. All rights reserved.

-

If I used any of your images, and you would like them taken down, please message me.

image